Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Off Your Desk

One of the things I most hate in regular life is dealing with paperwork and bureaucracy.  Filling out a form is one thing, but when you have to refer to Appendix A for a description of qualifying conditions or divide box 3f by 27r I start to lose my mind.  It's all so ridiculous, but all so important at the same time.  Once a year I can face these things for the purpose of doing taxes, but any more than that and I start to get positively gloomy.  That is why any service that offers to take care of such things is of great interest to me.

Off Your Desk is a website that offers to help manage healthcare claims.  For a flat fee (I think it's $200), they will deal with your paperwork, and get you more money back, on average, then a person working on their own.  When the baby was born I had to argue more than one claim, and in most cases they had simply been miss-processed. Each one was an ugly uphill battle.  Now I've never actually used this site, so this is not a recommendation.  I just think it sounds like an interesting, and possibly great, idea.  Has anyone out there actually used the site?  If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment