Monday, February 6, 2012

Snowdrops Through the Snow

Right now, outside our door, are flowers!  No, no not some early sort of Valentine, but real fresh flowers growing out of the ground.  Snowdrops are always the first soldiers through the frozen ground in January or February, and this year I first saw them pop up through the actual snow.  They are such a sweet reminder that all is not lost in the garden.  Now it is a progression of flowers.  Next will come crocuses, then daffodils, followed by tulips and hyacinths.  By the time the lilacs start to bloom the whole garden will be in color.  Thank goodness for fall bulb planting that gives us such a bounty.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I will go peek outside and see if I can find my snowdrops. So grateful for the person who planted them years ago - I'm far too lazy!

    ReplyDelete