Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saving on Soap

Okay this is going to sound a bit silly, but I'm saying it anyway.  Lately I've been struggling with soap.  Given all the diaper changes we do around here, it seems like we go through hand soap like water.  Given that I don't like to see Triclosan in my handsoap (not good for babies imho) I buy the Method stuff, and it costs $3 a bottle.  I think I probably buy at least one bottle per month, so that means I'm spending $36 on hand soap each year.  That seems kind of crazy to me. 

Not too long ago I was out of handsoap (again) so I broke out a bar that had been hanging around forever under the sink.  We've been using it for several weeks now, and it hardly looks used at all.  It does a good job, smells nice, and is not too harsh on the hands.  What's more, I will probably spend about $6-8 per year on soap with this variety.   I think I may have to go old school.  Besides, I always liked cute soap dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment