Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Snowy Day(s)

Up here in the lowlands of the Pacific NW, we have no guaruntee of snow.  Each winter it is a guessing game to see if we will get any of the while stuff that season.  Some years in spit of the fact that we live at almost 500 feet above sea level, we don't even get much frost.  Then there are those frustrating times when they predict snow,l but it never comes.  This year we got snow.  Thus far it's only been a few inches in the foothills, but it's enough to get me all excited.  We are staying home today due to a crust of snow on the sideroads, and also because they are predicting 6-10 inches over night!  Squee!

We are spending the day playing outside, but in an on-and-off fashion.  When you're less than two years old it can be pretty tough to handle the cold for very long.  She loves, loves, loves to be out there, but she also needs to come inside and warm up fairly often.  We crunch around for a little while kicking the ball and admiring the way snow collects on the trees, and then we come inside and drink a little warm milk (her) and cocoa (me). 

In the off time, while she naps or plays, I will try to get some home chores done.  Enforced home time is great for convincing me that it's time to clean out the fridge or the linen closet.  This morning I finished the laundry and actually wrote those thank-you notes I've been putting off for many weeks.  I know, I know this may sound boring, but my point is that there are lots of useful and important things you can be doing instead of getting cabin fever.  As far as I'm concerned let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment