Wednesday, June 1, 2011

English Breakfast

Over the holiday weekend we had the chance to make what we call English Breakfast.  Now probably many an English person would tell me that I've been smoking something (I NEVER smoke things!) because it's nothing like what they're mom used to make.  However, this is what we do based on meals my brother had when he was working over there:

-Fried eggs cooked to taste (I like mine over-hard so I can share with the baby)
-Tomatoes split and cooked for a minute or two on the frying pan cut side down
-Mushrooms sauteed with garlic
-Veggie bacon (we love Morningstar Farms) done on the cast iron skillet
-Asparagus done on the skillet after the bacon
-Baked beans
-Toast

I know it sounds like a lot, but since so much of it is veggie, it doesn't feel quite so heavy.  Also, we try to avoid using butter to keep things a little healthier.  Most importantly it tastes fabulous, and it's the perfect basis for a hike or a day of gardening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment