Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Soaking Up Sun

It's absolutely glorious outside my window right now.  Just imagine the perfect quintessential springtime day, including the birdsong, and you've just about got it.  I've just spent nearly the whole morning in the backyard, and now we're gearing up to go to the park.  If you're from a warm place, you probably won't get this, but sun in the Seattle area is a very exciting thing.  Even in the "good" year it takes us a long time to warm up in spring.  This year it's been especially slow, and here we are in May having one of our rare warm spells.  According to reports, it will all shift back to gray drizzle by tomorrow, so I'm lapping up as much as I can.  In order to really make the most of the sun, I made a few promises to myself this morning:

1. Open all the windows in the house
2. Strip our favorite pillows for a good sun bleaching
3. Brush off patio furniture
4. Plant potatoes in the garden box
5. Shove kitties out to smell the grass
6. Take baby on backyard tour
7. Walk!
8. Eat lunch in the sunshine
9. Get a little sun (no more than 15 minutes) on my pale, pale legs and tum
10. Visit the park

No comments:

Post a Comment