Monday, May 23, 2011

Farm Visits Part 2

Not long ago I mentioned the joys of farm visits (with or without kids), but I neglected to mention any names.  This got me thinking that maybe we should not only visit our regular favorites this summer, but also try out some new places as well.  After all, I can never seem to get enough fresh-picked (sometimes even U-picked!) fruits and veggies, and the baby is always ecstatic to see the animals.  Thus I'm doing a little research, and the farm list is born.  I'm including everything in the greater Seattle area that seems to get a good crit. online.  Here are the first three that we've actually visited ourselves.  Hopefully I'll be adding to it as we go.  If you know and love one that I've missed, please feel free to comment, and I'll update the list.

Visiting Farms --- Greater Seattle

Kelsey Creek Farm Park (This is not a working farm, so no veggies to buy, but the animals are a treat, and the setting is incredible.  Right in Bellevue too!)

Farrel-McWhirter Farm Park  (This is not a working farm, but a portion of a Redmond park.  Great chance to see animals, and they even have pony rides, but check the website for info on that.)

Remlinger Farms (This is a farm with produce, animals, and a carnival-type area.  Very kid-friendly, but you do have to buy and entry ticket if you want to visit most of the activities.  They have u-pick berries too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment