Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Retro Fashion: The Good

I'm all excited that the TV show, Mad Men, is making '50's retro cool this year.  It's a wonderful antidote to all the ugly, shapeless boho that seems to be lurking.  Cute silhouettes can finally be seen some even sporting my old favorite, the peplum!  Oh the shape!  Oh the definition!  Fitted coats and jackets with structure to keep us, ahem, tucked in.  Sweet dresses with lovely little details that look all sleek and polished.  And the shoes.  Adorable flats, wearable stack-heel pumps, and even wingtips (squee!).  Not only that, but we also get a healthy dose both plaid AND gingham.  What is not to love?  The only thing that makes me sad about all this is that I'm not currently in a shape to wear any of it since I have a belly the size of the moon.  Still, I'm glad it's out there, and I hope it will last a few seasons at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment