Thursday, December 22, 2011

Super Quick Curry Pumpkin Soup

Okay let me first say that I enjoy cooking.  I love the sights, the smells, and of course the tastes of whipping up a real meal from real ingrediants.  However that doesn't mean there aren't nights when I'm struggling to something, anything remotely healthy, on the table.  Sometimes I rely on frozen goodies from Trader Joe's, but this is another option:

Quick Curry Pumpkin Soup

1 bottle curry sauce (we like TJ's simmer sauce)
1 can light coconut milk
2 cans pumpkin
Optional: veggies such as onion, carrot, potato, etc.

Method: Dice and saute veggies (if using).  Pour pumpkin and curry sauce in a large pan with veggies.  Cook for ten minutes to blend flavors.  Blend in coconut milk, and finish with salt if needed.  Serve with crusty bread and/or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment