Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Shopping Part 2

Good news people!  Online shopping may just save my vegetarian bacon this year!  Since my last pathetic post, I have successfully crossed eight (yes eight!) more gifts off my list.  Not only that, but I have a cunning plan to cross off several more in short order.  How can such miracles be accomplished you might ask?  Step into my parlor and I'll share my secrets.  If you happen to know (or be) my friends or family, please don't let on that you know.

Stop #1 was, of course, Amazon.com.  The lightening deals are not all great this year, but some things you can find, and the baby scored a bouncy cow for a mere 46% of the price it sells for on other sites.  Add to that a couple of discounted books, a calendar for $4.99, and a few stocking stuffers, and we're well on our way.  I will continue to consider their deals as the month goes on.  That's the beauty of their prime shipping program; you don't have to worry about bundling your orders to get free shipping. 

The next site I visited was threadless.  They offer original art in t-shirt form, and you can find some seriously cool and different things there if you're will to take the time to look.  Some art is a little avant garde, but don't let that distract you from the good stuff.  I scored four (!) different gifts on this site, and one of them was for my completely impossible-to-shop-for brother, so go me.  This site often runs sales through email, so think about signing up for their updates.

Thus I am sitting much prettier than before, but that's not all.  Thanks to my old buddy Chow, I have a means for making that list almost completely gone.  They have a library of goodies to make at home, and most of the recipes actually look like an average person in an average kitchen could actually accomplish them.  I'm picking three from the list (I won't say which to preserve some secrecy) to make a sort of gift basket for several of our friends.  There, now I've said it in text, so I can't weasel out due to laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment