Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Shopping

Why am I having such a hard time with my Christmas shopping this year?  It used to be that I really enjoyed spending the month of December finding all the perfect gifts for everyone.  Now that we have the baby, however, going shopping is not such an easy task.  Keeping her occupied and preventing her from pulling everything off the shelves means it's less of a pleasure to go at all.  Besides now that she's around I would much rather spend my holiday season doing fun activities with her.  That's why I'd promised myself that I would get it all done before the crowded chaos that is December set in.  Do you think I managed it?  Har! 

It's nearly the end of the first week of the month, and I'm maybe half way done.  I keep trying to get out to the mall, craft fairs, anything that might help me cross off one or two more people, but something always manages to get in the way.  If it isn't nap time or music class it's traffic and fun with auto mechanics.  Maybe a trip through some online stores will do the trick.  I know, I know I shouldn't whine so much.  I'm lucky to have the time and the funds to do any Christmas shopping at all.  There really are many people this year who are not in such happy shape, and I will do my utmost keep that in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment