Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Famous Baby Names

Long before I ever had a child of my own, I became fascinated by the process of naming.  It is one of the single greatest choices a new parent has to make, and it will most likely stick with the child for the rest of their life.  How many people have been shaped by the name they were given?  Many girls of my generation were given the vastly unfortunate name Crystal because their parents were interested in the supposed supernatural aspects of the stone.  However, in a world now awash with crystal meth, I bet many of those girls either changed their names or went by nicknames just to avoid the association.  I'm sure the same thing happened time and time again. 

I'm all for trying to be unique and unusual (who wants to be one of five Jacobs or six Madison's in a class?) but it is possible to go too far.  Here are some of the most, um, creative names from the famous baby boom that seems to be occuring this summer:

Natalie Portman's son --- Aleph (first letter of the Hebrew alphabet)
Mariah Carey's Twins --- Moroccan Scott and Monroe ? (!!!)
Kate Hudson --- Bingham (or BING for short!)
Jewel --- Kase Townes (well she always was more than a little bit country)
Jennifer Connolly --- Agnes Lark (my favorite of the bunch)

No comments:

Post a Comment