Friday, July 8, 2011

Cherry Season

The market is full of the most plump and glossy cherries!  Around here they come in several varieties from nearly black to pink-cheeked yellow.  They all taste wonderful if you find a really ripe batch.  The baby has been going mad for them for a few weeks now, and I really have to be careful that she doesn't get too many or the consequences could be dire (har!)  I really want to try out this tart recipe that can be found on Joy of Baking.  Another delicious use of cherries that I've never tried to make is clafoutis.  Just mind the pits!

1 comment:

  1. I heard it's the best, sweetest and largest cherry crop Washington State has had in over 10 years. No wonder there are so many roadside cherry stands right now!

    I've had your clafoutis before and it was sooo delicious. What did you use if not cherries yet?

    ReplyDelete