Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Books on the To-Read List

Just like virtually every other housewife out there, I'm always wishing I could do a better job.  Why is my shoe cupboard so cluttered, but never seem to do anything about it?  Why is the car always grubby?  Why does my child sometimes look like an under-loved refugee?  These are the sorts of questions that bothered Gretchen Rubin enough that she wrote The Happiness Project a couple of years ago.

Since I enjoyed that one so much, I'm delighted to see that she has another new book called Happier at Home.  This one is even more focused on the challenges (and rewards) of home-making than the first.  I got lots of good ideas from the first book, so I know this one will be helpful too.  For instance, are you addicted to gold stars?  Before reading her first book, I was always looking around waiting for someone to notice when I did something great around the house.  She made me realize that I should be satisfied with knowing that I had done the right thing without worrying about what other people think.  Very helpful for my state of mind in the long run.  Let's hope I can get more great advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment