Thursday, August 30, 2012

Potato Salad

I've been so caught up in everything school that I've been forgetting to enjoy summer!  Here it is still beautiful and warm many days with only the occasional dip into cooler temps.  Garden and farmers' market produce is definitely in full swing.  I love, love, love to be able to produce a dinner that came entirely from those two sources.  This week I'm planning to serve lots of corn on the cob, tomato salad, sauteed greens, and deviled eggs.  Also, I've been meaning to try blue potato salad.

No, no, this is not regular potato salad made from those Peruvian purple potatoes (though I do love those too).  This is a regular potato salad with some sort of blue cheese added.  In some recipes, you leave out the pickles so they don't contrast too strongly with the cheese.  However, the one I was served at friend's house had all your traditional ingredients with just the addition of crumbled cheese on top.  So, so good.  Give it a try for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment