Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lunch Menu for Kids

Now that my preschooler is out of school, it will be up to me to provide lunch seven days per week.  Sometimes we stand in the kitchen with me making healthy suggestions and her saying "nope, nope nope" for what seems like hours.  I get frustrated, and sometimes give in to less healthy requests just to get the whole thing to stop!  This year we're doing the lunch menu.  I'm posting five choices on the refrigerator door, and that is all that will be on offer.  Maybe I will rotate the choices to keep things fresh.  Maybe.  Here's a sample menu:

                                         Mom's Cafe
                    all menu items come with fruit and veggie sides


1.  Egg salad on crackers
2.  Cottage cheese with tomatoes
3.  PB & J
4.  Cheese sandwich
5.  Hummus and pita

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Even if she asks for the same thing every day, she'll feel she has a choice.. and you can rotate out choices if she's picking sugary PB&J too much or something!

    ReplyDelete